Gourmet Food & Wine – The Sounds Retreat, Picton
3 Night Package
For food and wine connoisseurs, this is the ultimate experience of the best New Zealand offers.
Arrive and relax into your Epicurean escape with a bottle of Veuve Clicqout. Totally unwind with a ninety-minute massage in your private cabana before you wine and dine in privacy with a three-course meal created especially for you.
Enjoy breakfast before being collected by your private chauffeur to enjoy a full day of gourmet experiences in Marlborough. This includes private wine tastings at award-winning vineyards. After a warm welcome at 12.30 pm by one of Herzog’s small winery team (often including Hans and Therese Herzog) you will enjoy a tour of the famous organic, single vineyard where you will learn more about their wines and how they are grown before visiting the on-site boutique winery and barrel hall to gain an insight into how Hans' great wines are crafted. Choose to enjoy your three-course ‘Trust the Chef’ lunch inside or alfresco surrounded by the ‘vineyard of the world’ which is a special affair in itself. Only matched by the delicious bistro style dishes from our Gourmet Chefs and perfectly complemented by Hans’ fantastic choice of wines. The chefs will prepare great soul food to match grand wines from the organic vineyard. Your chauffeur will collect you and recommend other points of local interest and award-winning vineyards you may wish to visit before returning to The Sounds Retreat. Indulgence resumes with dinner created by our inhouse chef.
After breakfast, you will drive the complimentary BMW Mini Cooper S Convertible to Picton and embark on a morning cruise visiting salmon farms. Whilst cruising on the Queen Charlotte Sound, enjoy indulging in local salmon, mussels and oysters whilst learning about the local wonders from the sea. Return back to The Sounds Retreat before Simon Lamb, the local cheese-maker will transfer you to the nearby boutique Cranky Goat cheese farm. You will learn the detailed cheese-making process from Simon. Enjoy making your own cheese and tasting some of the award-winning cheeses with a glass of Marlborough wine. You will be transferred back to The Sounds Retreat where you can relax, possibly with a soak in the hot tub before your three-course dinner on your final evening.
Breakfast will be served in your private cabana before check out at 10am and a complimentary transfer back to either Picton or Blenheim airports.
• 3 nights’ accommodation
• Transfers to and from Blenheim/Picton airports
• Ninety-minute massage per guest
• Private hot tub to enjoy at your leisure
• 3 three course dinners created by our on-site chef at The Sounds Retreat
• Chauffeur driven car with guide for one day
• 1 full day gourmet experience of Marlborough including a wine tour at Herzog Estate, wine tastings at award winning vineyards and three course lunch at Herzog’s Bistro
• Half day private cheese-making and tasting experience at Cranky Goat cheese farm
• Enjoy a boat trip to the salmon farms, includes tasting with a glass of Marlborough wine
• Full gymnasium
• Mountain bikes
• Use of BMW Mini Cooper S Convertible (with valid driving license, guest pays for fuel)
When you purchase this experience, we'll send you a voucher. This can be redeemed directly with the activity provider.